In this workshop, you'll identify the phases in a job search and how to start building your portfolio based on the job position that you want to land. The workshop is hands-on, created for UX, UI, and Product Designers who are looking for a new opportunity (both freelance and full time). Experience working on at least two projects is a pre-requisite to this workshop.
- Understand the phases in a job search funnel
- Identify keywords required in an actual job profile
- Identify best practices for UX, UI, and Product Design portfolios
- Start to find a path to distinguish your portfolio from the crowd
- The history behind this workshop
- Clarifying the phases in a job search funnel
- What is behind the job description
- What happens when a Recruiter or Hiring Manager looks at my portfolio?
- How can I find my style as a designer?
What to bring to the workshop
- Sketchbook and pencils (required)
- Your laptop (not required)
About the instructor
Renata is a Product Designer with a strong background in User Experience and User Interface Design. She is born and raised in Brazil and a New Yorker for more than five years. She spent four years at Globo.com, a major news outlet in Brazil, working close to the in-house software teams. She is currently working for the Academy Design Studio as Product Designer and is a professor teaching at the Touro College Graduate School of Technology sharing her experience in design thinking and human-centered design.
Pizza will be served.
RSVP by January 18.
Seating is limited.
For more info:
Call: 877.669.7227 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6:00PM – 9:00PM
320 W 31st St,
New York, NY 10001